ASHLAND MUNICIPAL COURT TRAFFIC SCHOOL PROGRAM
Ashland Municipal Court does offer a traffic school program. This is a good option if you are concerned about the conviction going on your driving record.
The Traffic School Program is a program designed to allow drivers the opportunity to recognize and review their driving habits, attitudes, and behaviors. Generally, you can go to traffic school if:
• You were cited for a moving violation that does not involve an accident.
• You have no previous moving violation or traffic crime convictions within the last two years.
• You have not participated in another Traffic School Program in this Court or any other court in this state or any other state that resulted in the dismissal of the charge within the last two years.
• You have a valid non-commercial driver license or permit.
• You meet all other eligibility requirements.
When you sign up for the Traffic School Program, you have 120 days to pay the Court Traffic School Program fee in full and complete the Court approved traffic school class. When those conditions are met, the Court will dismiss the charge.
THERE ARE NO EXTENSIONS FOR ANY REASON.
Traffic School Program fees are not refundable:
||Traffic School Program Fee
* special zone enhanced penalty
Requirements of program:
1. Enter a plea of No Contest (not contesting the facts of the case). Note: A Not Guilty plea forfeits your Traffic School option.
2. Pay the Traffic School Program fee to the Court within 120 days. See the above chart.
3. Sign up for the Utrn180 online traffic school class and pay the $50.00 registration fee.
4. Successfully complete the class. Utrn180 notifies the Court of your successful completion.
- Traffic School Program fees are non-refundable and WILL NOT be applied to any ADDITIONAL fines imposed.
- NO EXTENSIONS will be granted for any reason.
- Failure to complete the Traffic School program successfully will result in a conviction being placed on your driving record.
The full presumptive fine will be imposed and due to the Court within 30 days.
Any fees paid toward the Traffic School fee will be forfeited.
- Successful completion of the Traffic School Program is defined as paying the fees to the Court in full, as well as completing the online traffic class within 120 days. (After you submit your application and it is approved, the instructions you receive will populate the due date.)
- Traffic School is not offered on Cell/Distracted Driving Offenses nor on Class A violations or offenses that involve an accident (except for Driving While Suspended- Violation offenses).
- Contact the Court for more information regarding the Court's DWS- Violation Traffic Program. First offense only, click here for Driving While Suspended Traffic Program option.
* Other restrictions may apply. Contact the court for more information.
Once your application has been approved, further instructions will be provided.You will have 120 days to pay your Traffic School Program fee in full & complete the Court approved online traffic class.
I understand and agree to the above conditions.