Ashland Municipal Court Traffic Program Application
Seat Belt Violation
Ashland Municipal Court does offer a Seat Belt Traffic Program. This is a good option if you are concerned about the conviction going on your driving record.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- You have been cited for a single seat belt violation that does not involve an accident.
- You have received no other seatbelt violation or traffic crime charges in the last two years.
- You have not participated in another traffic school program anywhere in the last two years to keep a seat belt conviction off your driving record.
- You have a valid non-commercial driver license or permit.
* Other restrictions may apply, contact the Court for more information.
Once the court approves your application, you will have 120 days to watch a short seatbelt video and pay $115.00 Traffic Program fee. The video is available on the Court’s website or it can be emailed to you. If you do not watch the video at the court, you will have to submit a brief response to the video.
Before submitting this application, please read it thoroughly. If you have questions or need legal advice, please contact legal counsel of your choice or contact the Oregon State Bar Referral Service at 1-800-452-7636.
By submitting this application:
I hereby certify that I have had no other seatbelt violations or traffic crimes anywhere within the past two years and have not previously participated in a traffic school program through this or any other court within the past two years. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SUBMITTING THIS AGREEMENT, I AM WAIVING MY RIGHT TO TRIAL AND ENTERING A PLEA OF NO CONTEST. The acceptance of my no contest plea shall be deferred for 120 days.
IF I FAIL TO PAY MY TRAFFIC PROGRAM FEE IN FULL, WATCH THE SEAT BELT VIDEO & SUBMIT A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COURT WITHIN THE ALLOTTED 120 DAYS, MY NO CONTEST PLEA WILL BE ENTERED BY THE COURT AND THE CONVICTION WILL APPEAR ON MY DRIVING RECORD. YOUR ENTIRE BALANCE MUST BE PAID WITHIN 30 DAYS OF BEING REVOKED. FAILURE TO COMPLY SHALL RESULT IN COURT ACTION AGAINST YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES. ADDITIONAL FEES SHALL BE ASSESSED