ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access)
For written public testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For public oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e)
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Black History Month Proclamation
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Standing Advisory Committee Appointments
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- City Council Election to fill Councilor Positions #2 and #3 Vacancies
- NEW BUSINESS - RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Chair of Council Election by the City Council
- 2021-2023 BN Supplemental Budget Resolution
- Acceptance of Public Arts Mural on Elks Building at 247 E. Main St.
- Contract with Cornforth Consultants for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Comprehensive Assessment (CA) of Hosler Dam
- Contract with The Freshwater Trust for a Flow Augmentation Feasibility Study of Cold-Water Releases from Reeder Reservoir
- Contract-Specific Special Procurement for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) for Ashland Fire & Rescue
- Second Reading & Findings Adoption for Ordinance 3217 - Middle Housing Land Division Ordinance
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 3216 – Food Truck Amendment
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.