ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- NEWLY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ OATH OF OFFICE
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the December 19, 2022 Study Session
- Minutes of the December 20, 2022 Business Meeting
- Minutes of the November 14, 2022 Study Session
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- City Council Orientation / Training
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CONSENT AGENDA
- East Main Street Banner Request for the Ashland Little League
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Land Use Appeal for Mixed Use Development at 165 Water Street, 160 Helman Street and 95 Van Ness Avenue
- First Reading of Ordinance 3217 - Middle Housing Land Division Ordinance
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 3205 - Housing in Employment Lands Code Amendments
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Professional Services Contract with RH2 Engineering for the design of Talent-Ashland-Phoenix (TAP) Intertie System Improvements
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).