ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session and may conduct the following:
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- Consultation with the City Attorney on current or likely litigation pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h)
- Deliberations with persons designated by the governing body to carry on labor negotiations, pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(d)
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the October 31, 2022 Study Session Meeting
- Minutes of the November 1, 2022 Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- Band Director Recognition
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Transportation Advisory Committee Appointments
- Rogue Valley Transportation Improvement Funding Letter of Support
- Resolution Suspending City Commissions Transitioned to Advisory Committees
- Declaration and Authorization to Dispose of Surplus Property
- Professional Services contract with GSI Water Solutions Inc. for the development of the Water Management and Conservation Plan (WMCP)
- Approval of Liquor License for Cocorico LLC
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Annexation and Site Review - HWY 99: PA-T3-2022-0004
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Resolution Canvassing the Vote for the November 8, 2022, General Election
- Second Reading SDC Committee Recommended Ordinance Updates for Multi-Family Developments
- Severe Weather Emergency Shelter
- Resolution on Severe Weather Emergency Shelter Policy
- Resolution Authorizing Contracts for Severe Weather Emergency Shelter Services for a not to exceed total of $100,000
- FY 2022-2023 Budget Amendment for Severe Weather Emergency Shelter Services
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).