ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, July 19, 2022
*REVISED JULY 19, 2022*
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session and may conduct the following:
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- Deliberations with persons designated by the governing body to carry on labor negotiations, pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(d).
- City Manager Review, pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(i).
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of July 5, 2022
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Coordinated Water Rights Management and Water Sharing Plan Intergovernmental Agreement
XII. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
XIII. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- November 8, 2022 Election Referendums and Initiatives
- Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3210 Relating to Notice of Meetings
- Dry Creek Landfill Biosolids Disposal - Sole Source Procurement
- Contract Amendment for the Japanese Garden
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).