ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
*REVISED June 20, 2022*
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Council Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of June 7th, 2022
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- James M. Ragland Memorial Volunteer Spirit Service Award
- Alan C. Bates Public Service Award
- Band Board Annual Report
1. Adoption of Miscellaneous Fees & Charges for FY 2023 and Repealing
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Reconfirmation of agenda items from June 14, 2022 Special Called Business Meeting
- Resolution adopting proposed City of Ashland Vision and Value Statement
- Resolution adopting Wildfire Mitigation Plan for the City of Ashland Electrical Department
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
2. Approval of Tourism Grants to Non-Profit Entities
XII. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
XIII. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Approval of Pathway Janitorial Service Contract
- First Reading of Ordinance No.3211 Relating To Pedicab Operations and Alcoholic Beverages; Adding New AMC 10.40.050
- Resolution Authorizing a Decrease in the Loan Amount from the Safe Drinking Water Revolving Loan Fund
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).