ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING AGENDAS
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Jackson County is currently at high risk for COVID transmission. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing. Masks can be removed during public testimony
1:00 PM SPECIAL COUNCIL Business Meeting*
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
POPULATION HOUSING LAND PRESENTATION
VOTER BALLOT RECOMMENDATION
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- FY 2022-23 General Fund Budget Status, Recommendations & Staff Direction
- City Economic & Deficit Status
- Organizational Staffing/Structure
- City Commissions
- CIP Budget
- Surplus City Property
- PERS Liability Accounting
- 2022-23 Expenditure Adjustments & Management Recommendations
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Second Reading of Ordinance No.3209 Relating to Transient Lodging Taxes; Amending Ashland Municipal Code 4.24.070
- Resolution 2022-14 Allocating Tourism Grants for FY2022-23 (moved to a future agenda)
- Resolution 2022-15 Adopting the Allocation of Restricted Transient Lodging Tax (TLT) Portion for FY 2023-25 Biennium
- Resolution 2022-13 Adopting Miscellaneous Fees and Charges
- Resolution 2022-17 Adopting a Supplemental Budget
- Resolution 2022-16 Adopting Financial Management Policy
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 3210 Relating to Notice of Meetings; Amending Ashland Municipal Code 2.04.020 (moved to a future agenda)
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).