ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
3:30 PM Special Business Meeting*
SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING AGENDAS
Monday, May 23, 2022, and Tuesday, May 24, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Authorize City Manager to enter into Ashland Airport Ground Leases
- Todd Pershing
- Pete Riedl
- Approval of a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Grant Offer & Oregon Department of Aviation (ODA) Critical Care Airport Relief Grant Offer
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Public Hearing for BN 2021-23 Approval of Resolution Confirming Jurisdictional Qualification For State Subventions and Approval of Resolution to Receive State Funds
- Public Hearing for 2022-23 Budget Approval Resolution Levying Property Taxes
- Resolution 2022-12 Creating a Tourism, and System Development Charges funds (5)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Community Budget Survey and Action
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- FY 2022-23 Operating Budget Status, Recommendations & Staff Direction POWERPOINT PRESENTATION - STRATEGIC CHOICES FY 2022-2023 TO-DATE NOTE: THE ABOVE POWERPOINT ONLY INCLUDES THE SLIDES THAT WERE REVIEWED THE IN MAY 23rd &24th MEETINGS
- 2022-23 Expenditure Adjustments & Future Outlook
- PERS Liability Accounting
- Surplus City Property
- CIP Budget
- City Commissions
- Organizational Staffing/Structure
- City Economic & Deficit Status XIII.ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- First Reading of Ordinance No.3209 Relating to Transient Lodging Taxes; Amending Ashland Municipal Code 4.24.070
- Resolution 2022-13 Adopting Miscellaneous Fees and Charges
- Resolution 2022-14 Adopting a Supplemental Budget
- Approval of Two Contracts for Construction and Engineering Services During Construction for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall Relocation Project No. 2013-212
- Resolution 2022-10 Adopting a Supplemental Budget Amendment for the Wastewater Fund
- Resolution 2022-15 Adopting the Allocation of Restricted Transient Lodging Tax (TLT) Portion for FY 2023-25 Biennium
- Resolution 2022-16 Adopting Financial Management Policy
- Council Direction on Public Digital Public Notice of City Agendas
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).