ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: May 18 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, May 17 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of May 3, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Fiscal Year 2020 Single Audit or Report on Federal Programs
- Fiscal Year Third Quarter Financial Update
- Police Annual Report to Council (Formerly Use of Force Report)
- Discussion on Continuing the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
- PUBLIC FORUM
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Appointments to the Social Equity and Racial Justice Commission
- Appointment of Dale Shostrom to the Historic Commission
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Community Center and Pioneer Hall Update
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Acquisition of Lot 100, a One-Acre Parcel for and Addition to the East Main Park
- Award of a Professional Services Contract: Dam Safety Improvement Project Final Engineering
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Approval of a Reimbursement Resolution No. 2021-04 for Capital Improvement Projects for the 2021-23 Budget Biennium
- First Reading of Wildfire Mitigation Construction Standards Code (R-327)
- Second Reading of an Ordinance relating to Chronic Nuisance Properties; Amending AMC 9.18.020
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).