ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: March 16 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, March 15 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of March 1, 2021
- Business Meeting of March 2, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Proclamation for Arbor Week
- Annual Presentation by the Tree Commission
- Declaration of COVID-19 Emergency Extension through May 18, 2021
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
- PUBLIC FORUM
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Award of Contract for Design Services East Main Park Development
- Climate Policy Commission Requests Support for HB 3055
- Ashland Gun Club Lease Extension
- Council Approval of Vacation Cap Exception for City Manager Pro Tem
- Initiation of an Ordinance Amendment Relating to Housing in the Commercial (C-1) and Employment (E-1) Zones
- Intergovernmental Agreement with Medford Water Commission for Water Efficiency Services
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Annual Appointments to the Citizens' Budget Committee
- Approval of 2021-2040 Capital Improvements Program
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Approval of a Contract for Professional Recruitment Services for an Executive Search for City Manager
- Business Assistance Program Options Discussion
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING