AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: November 17 Business Meeting Testimony. Those who wish to give oral testimony can fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, November 16 at 10 a.m. All Public Forum comments will comply with Council Rules; otherwise they will not be included in the Agenda or Council Minutes.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of November 2, 2020
- Study Session of October 19, 2020
- Business Meeting of October 20, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Proclamation for Small Business Saturday
- Annual Presentation by the Housing and Human Services Commission
- Annual Presentation by the Public Arts Commission
- Declaration of State of Emergency Extension for COVID-19 Pandemic and Wildfire Emergency
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of a Public Contract for Utility Billing Printing and Mailing Services
- Resolution No. 2020-21 Amending the Miscellaneous Fees and Charges Schedule and Repealing Resolution No. 2020-02
- Approval of Liquor License Request for Restaurant Republic, LLC.
- Approval of a Public Contract for Ambulance Transporting Services Cost and Service Analysis
- Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement for Fire Chief Professional Services
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance No. 3195 Amending the Ashland Land Use Ordinance Relating to Requirements for Affordable Housing and Affordable Housing Standards
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance No. 3194 Annexing Property and Withdrawing an Annexed Area from Jackson County Fire District No. 5
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Resolution No. 2020-22 Clarifying How the Transition to a City Manager as Chief Executive of City Government Will Occur Pursuant to Charter Revisions to Become Effective January 1, 2021
- Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3190 Amending Chapters 18.2.5, 18.3.9, 18.4.2, 18.4.4, 18.4.6 and 18.6 of the Ashland Land Use Ordinance to Amend the Open Space Standards
- Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3192 Amending the Ashland Municipal Code to Reflect 2020 Charter Amendments Creating the Office of City Manager
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).