AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: As the August 18 Council meeting will be held electronically, written testimony will be accepted via email to email@example.com both general public forum items and agenda items as long as they are submitted with the subject line: August 18 Council Meeting Testimony before Monday, August 17 at 10 a.m. Written testimonies submitted by the deadline will be available to the City Council before the meeting and will be included in the meetings minutes.
The Public Hearing will take oral testimony from those who have submitted written arguments to Planning prior to August 10 at 4:30 p.m. per AMC 18.5.1.060.I.5.a.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of August 4, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Extension
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See note above for how to submit written testimony for Public Forum.
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
PUBLIC TESTIMONY SUBMITTED
The Public Hearing will take oral testimony from those who have submitted written arguments to the Community Development Department prior to August 10 at 4:30 p.m. per AMC 18.5.1.060.I.5.a.
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Zero Emission Vehicle Innovation Fund Grant Acceptance
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- Land Use Appeal of 210 Alicia Avenue
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- City Manager Recruitment Process and Job Description Discussion
- Approval of Awarding $80,000 in Tourism Grants
- Oregon Worker Relief Fund Discussion
- Update on Pioneer Hall and the Community Center
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Review of Ordinance 3176 and Possible First Reading of Ordinance 3189 Relating to Public Safety; Adding New AMC Chapter 10.58
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING