AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: As the August 4 Council meeting will be held electronically, written testimony will be accepted via email to email@example.com both general public forum items and agenda items as long as they are submitted with the subject line: August 4 Council Meeting Testimony before Monday, August 3 at 10 a.m. Written testimonies submitted by the deadline will be available to the City Council before the meeting and will be included in the meetings minutes.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
*Updated 08/04/20 including Submitted Public Testimony*
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of July 20, 2020
- Business Meeting of July 21, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Proclamation for Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See note above for how to submit written testimony for Public Forum.
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
Submitted Public Testimony
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Grants Review Ad Hoc Committee Appointments
- Resolution 2020-17 Requesting the Jurisdictional Transfer of Clay Street and Paradise Lane from Jackson County
- Resolution No. 2020-16 Relating to the City Surveyor and Repealing Resolution No. 89-50, “A Resolution Designating the City Surveyor to Serve in Lieu of the County Surveyor in the Approval of Subdivisions and Partitions within the City Limits Pursuant to ORS 92.100”
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Resolution 2020-15 Social Equity and Racial Justice – Council Discussion and Action Identification
- Social Equity and Racial Justice – Council Discussion and Action Identification
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Ambulance Service Analysis Request for Proposal
- Adoption of the Water Master Plan Update
- Adoption of the Selection Criteria to be used by the City Council when interviewing Finalists for Finance Director
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING