2. Approval of Minutes of January 5, 2023
M/S Yamaguchi/Santiago, motion passed unanimously.
3. Public Input: None
4. Welcome and Introductions
Simon invited members and guests to introduce themselves.
Newest member Chacon was born in Mexico and teaches Spanish Literature and Latin culture at SOU.
5. Ashland School District
Ashland School Superintendent Samuel Bogdanova and the director of Equity and Leaning for the Ashland School District presented a brief overview of their DEI data. Tamara Williams and Angela Decker posed questions and offered examples of how the districts DEI efforts had failed, particularly at the Middle School.
Simon extended to 7:00 to accommodate the remaining items on the agenda.
6. Report/Update from members and liaisons
• Simon reported that the Antisemitism Proclamation will be read at the City Council meeting on February 7 and thanked SERJ for its support.
• Williams read the statement for Black History month. WERJ members expressed support, Seltzer will post it on the City’s web page.
• DuQueene summarized the Town Hall meeting and the next steps.
7. Meeting adjourned at 7:00 p.m.
Click the links below to download related documents.