This meeting was recorded by Rogue Valley Television (RVTV). Links to recorded meetings can be found on the City of Ashland website.
In Meeting Materials:
APRC Funding Slides
Japanese Garden Update Slides
AGENDA FOR REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING
ASHLAND PARKS & RECREATION COMMISSION
November 10, 2021
Electronic Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
Public Participation Instructions
This meeting will be held electronically. The public can view on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu - select RVTV Prime.
Written testimony will be accepted via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Public Testimony for November 10 Regular Meeting” in the subject line. Written testimony submitted before Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 11:00 am will be made available to the Parks Commissioners before the meeting. All testimony will be included in the meetings minutes.
Oral Testimony will be taken during the electronic public meeting. If you wish to provide oral testimony, send an email to email@example.com before Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 11:00 am. Late requests will be honored if possible. Please provide the following information: 1) make the subject line of the email “November 10 Speaker Request”, 2) include your name, 3) the agenda item on which you wish to speak on, 4) specify if you will be participating by computer or telephone, and 5) the name you will use if participating by computer or the telephone number you will use if participating by telephone. Staff will provide information necessary to join the meeting upon request.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
III. ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA
- APRC Study Session – October 6, 2021
- APRC Regular Business Meeting – October 13, 2021
IV. PUBLIC FORUM
V. CONSENT AGENDA
VI. DIRECTORS REPORT
- Subcommittee Minutes Acknowledgment
- Golf Course Subcommittee – December 2, 2020
- Recreation Advisory Division Committee – August 12, 2021
- Trails Master Plan Review Subcommittee – October 20, 2021
- Recreation Division Advisory Committee, Revisions to Bylaws
- Say Their Names Art Installation Location
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
- Direction to staff on pursuing a tax levy and or a special taxing district to fund APRC operations (Action)
IX. ITEMS FROM COMMISSIONERS/STAFF
- Intent to Bid – Irrigation Central Controller for Lithia Park and North Mountain Park Update (Information)
- Japanese Garden – Construction Update (Information) In meeting presentation. Materials are not included in the meeting packet
X. UPCOMING MEETING DATES
- Senior Advisory Committee—November 8, 2021
- Electronic Meeting—4:00 p.m.
- APRC Special Meeting—December 1, 2021 (tentative)
- Electronic Meeting—6:00 p.m.
- APRC Regular Business Meeting—December 8, 2021
- Electronic Meeting—6:00 p.m.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator’s office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number (800) 735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I). Parks Commission meetings are broadcast live on Channel 9, or on CHARTER CABLE CHANNEL 180. Visit the City of Ashland’s website at www.ashland.or.us.