ASHLAND AIRPORT COMMISSION
November 2nd, 2021
CALL TO ORDER: @ 9:30am
Roll Call: Meeting Recorded
Members Present: Andrew Vandenberg, Jerry Campbell, Patricia Herdklotz, Bernard Spera, David Wolske
FBO Present: Bob Skinner
Members Absent: George Schoen, Daniel Palomino, Jeff Dahle
Council Member Present: None
Staff Present: Chance Metcalf, Kaylea Kathol
Guests: Greg Reince (Century West Engineering)
Spera moves to approve minutes as written, Wolske seconds, All ayes, motion carries.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES - 10/05/21
- Commissioner Announcements None
- Public Forum - None
- Unfinished Business
- Airport Security Has not meet, no further discussion
- Airport Solar Project Update Metcalf States we have received a proposal from Ashland Solar Co-op, and it is currently being reviewed by staff. The proposed lease does not have certain provisions the City was expecting and currently does not work for the Airport. The Staff and ASC are looking for ways to move forward to benefit both parties.
C. Taxiway Rehabilitation Project Update Greg Reince from Century West Engineering provided an update. Change of scope will do full reconstruct on most of the taxiway due to geo tech results of the soil. Also, shifting the taxiway centerline to correct an existing 13 jog to the east. This will align the whole taxiway parallel to the runway. Bid opening is scheduled for March 2022. Submit for FAA grant, then start construction around August of 2022 after grnat award. Wolske questioned effect of centerline shift of future hangars and/or width of runway. Reince stated no impact on runway and unsure of future impact on hangars. Herdklotz expressed concern that construction would not interfere with Airport Day. Reince does not believe there will be any overlap.
D. Action Item List-
a. Commission Member Vacancies Not discussed
b. Airport Maintenance Plan Not discussed
c. Flight Path Trees - Kathol presented bid results and announced the Citys intent to award to Canopy. To show support, Wolske moved to advance the contract, Campbell Seconds, all ayes, motion carries. Spera asks for source of funds Airport or City? Metcalf clarified these are Airport funds.
d. Airport Emergency Preparedness Not discussed.
5. New Business
A. Airport: Good Neighbor Items Not discussed
6. FBO Reports - Not Discussed
7. Next Meeting Agenda Items Not discussed
8. Next Meeting Date - 12/07/21
ADJOURNMENT: @ 9:48am Spera had to leave, and a quorum, is no longer available.
Project Manager (Recording Available by Request)