ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: August 3 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Tuesday, August 3 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Special Meeting of June 29, 2021
- Study Session Meeting of July 19, 2021
- Business Meeting of July 20, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Fiscal Year 2021 Fourth Quarter Financial Update
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
- PUBLIC FORUM
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Intergovernmental Agreement with Southern Oregon University for Public Access Television Services (RVTV)
- Initiation of an Ordinance Amendment Relating to Annexations; Ashland Municipal Code, Land Use Chapter
- Liquor License Approval Puerto Mazatlan
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- Public Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance No. 3200 Amending the Ashland Comprehensive Plan to Adopt the Housing Capacity Analysis as a Supporting Document to Chapter VI Housing Element
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Approval of a BIPOC Celebration Mural at Ashland High School
- Public Meeting Online and Hybrid Protocols Discussion
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Appointment of Alison Chan Interim Finance Director
- Resolution No. 2021-19 Authorizing Signatures, Including Facsimile Signatures, for Banking Services on Behalf of the City of Ashland
- Resolution No. 2021-20 Adoption of Revisions to Miscellaneous Fees & Charges for FY 2022 and Repealing Resolution 2021-17
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 3201 Relating to Transient Occupancy Taxes; Repealing and Replacing AMC Chapter 4.24, Amending AMC 2.29.005, AMC 2.29.180, AMC 6.04.020, and AMC 13.03.060
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).