ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: May 4 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, May 3 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
5:00 PM Executive Session
The City Council will hold an Executive Session to consult with your attorney regarding your legal rights and duties in regard to current litigation or litigation that is more likely than not to be filed, pursuant ORS 192.660(2)(h). Executive Sessions are closed to the public.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of April 19, 2021
- Business Meeting of April 20, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Proclamation for National Historic Preservation Month
- Annual Presentation by the Historic Commission
- Climate and Energy Action Plan Progress Update
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
- PUBLIC FORUM
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Annual Commission Reappointments
- Appointment of Evguenia "Jane" Andrianova to the Municipal Audit Commission
- Amendment No. 1 to Riparian Land Lease Agreement– Water Quality Temperature Trading Program Partnership
- Approval of a Personal Services Contract for Phase 1 of the Parallel Taxiway Rehabilitation Project
- Approval of a Personal Services Contract for Wastewater Treatment Plan Outfall Relocation Final Engineering and Bidding Services
- Renewal of Microsoft Office365 Subscription
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Approval of Agreements with HdL Companies for Food & Beverage Tax Administration and State of Oregon Department of Revenue for Transient Lodging Tax Administration
- Social Equity and Racial Justice Resolution Discussion and Approval of Flying Juneteenth Flags on June 19, 2021
- First Reading Ordinance No. 3196; an Ordinance relating to Chronic Nuisance Properties; Amending AMC 9.18.020
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Talent for Police Services
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3197; Creating the Social Equity and Racial Justice Commission; Adding New AMC Chapter 2.20
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).