ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: April 20 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, April 19 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of April 5, 2021
- Business Meeting of April 6, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
- PUBLIC FORUM
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Appointment of Cassie Preskenis to the Public Arts Commission
- Approval of "Marking Ashland Places" Public Art Installation in Railroad Park
- Approval of a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program for the Ashland Municipal Airport
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Public Hearing on the 2021 Community Development Block Grant Award and Action Plan Development
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Approval of a Professional Services Contract for Architectural and Engineering Services for Pioneer Hall and Community Center Facility Improvements
- Food & Beverage Tax Allocation Ordinance Update
- Approval of Agreements with HdL Companies for Food & Beverage Tax Administration and State of Oregon Department of Revenue for Transient Lodging Tax Administration
- Social Equity and Racial Justice Resolution Discussion and Approval of Flying Juneteenth Flags on June 19, 2021
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 3197; Creating the Social Equity and Racial Justice Commission; Adding New AMC Chapter 2.20
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 3196; Relating to Chronic Nuisance Properties; Amending AMC 9.18.020
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING