CITY COUNCIL STUDY SESSION
Monday, November 30, 2020
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
- Almeda Fire After Action Review Preliminary Report
Interim City Administrator Adam Hanks gave a brief Staff report. He introduced Human Resource Director Tina Gray.
Gray presented Council with a PowerPoint Presentation regarding Almeda Fire Response Community Engagement Survey Results (see attached).
Items discussed were:
- Question #1 – Were you enrolled in Nixle before the Almeda Fire on September 8th?
- Question #2 – Did you find the Level of communication through Nixle to be adequate during the fire?
- Question #3 – How did you access Almeda Fire resources or informational updates from the City of Ashland?
- Sources utilized for fire updates.
- Question #4 – Regarding specific needs for communication during the Almeda Fire how could the City have improved its notification process?
Council discussed options on how to improve the notification process.
- Question #5 – Any other comments or feedback to share to help the City better understand the best way to communicate with the citizens of Ashland during an emergency?
Council discussed options on better ways to communicate.
- Question #6 – During the Almeda Fire were you ever personally advised to evacuate immediately?
- Question #7 – What were your personal experiences with leaving your neighborhood?
- Question #8 – Have you discussed an evacuation plan with members of your household?
- Question #9 – Did you decide to evacuate your place of residence in Ashland even though you were not required to do so?
- Question #10 – If you answered yes to the last question what prompted you to evacuate?
- Question #11 – What specific recommendations do you have for the City regarding evacuations of neighborhoods that could improve safe evacuation during an emergency?
- Question #12 – Is there an additional information you would like us to know?
Council Discussed next steps.
- Department Head 2020-2021 Work Plan
Hanks gave a Staff report.
Items discussed were:
- What items new Councilors would like to discuss.
- Onboard strategies and how to prioritize.
- The importance of getting to know each other.
It was asked that questions and ideas be emailed to Hanks and the Mayor within a week.
The Study Session was adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Respectfully submitted by;
City Recorder Melissa Huhtala
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).