CITY COUNCIL STUDY SESSION
Monday, April 6, 2020
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu
select RVTV Prime
Mayor Stromberg called the Study Session to order at 5:30 PM.
Assistant City Administrator Adam Hanks gave an overview on how to conduct the Zoom Meeting.
Councilors’ Slattery, Graham, Akins, Seffinger, Rosenthal and Jensen were present.
- Public Input (15 minutes, maximum)
As the April 6 Study Session will be held electronically, written testimony for public input will be accepted via email to email@example.com as long as they are submitted before Monday, April 6 at 10 a.m. Written testimonies submitted by the deadline will be available to the City Council before the meeting and will be included in the meetings minutes.
2. Presentation of the 2nd Quarter Financial Statements
Administrative Services Manager Bryn Morrison presented Council with a PowerPoint (see attached).
Items discussed were:
- Street Fund.
- Capital Improvement Fund.
- Telecommunications Fund.
- Electric Fund.
- Insurance Fund.
- Health Benefits Revenue Fund.
- Revenue Summary.
- Concerns for the remainder of the 19-21 Biennium.
- Ashland Forest Resiliency.
- Ways to rectify the shortfall in the Insurance Fund.
- COVID-19 Impacts.
- Food and Beverage Tax.
- Revenue streams and the plan going forward.
- Minimum Staffing Levels.
- Restricted Funds to be used in vital situations.
- Social Service Grants.
- Furloughs and layoffs.
- Extension of Local Business Taxes.
- Union employee contracts and freezing step increases.
- Vital and essential services.
- Delay of CIP projects.
- Community Development Block Grant.
- Motel accommodation options for the homeless and car camping.
- City Authority with landlord taxing.
- Sick Leave.
The Study Session was adjourned at 7:00 PM
Respectfully submitted by:
City Recorder Melissa Huhtala
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).