ASHLAND Water Advisory Committee
July 23, 2019
These minutes are pending approval by this Committee
CALL TO ORDER
Williams called the meeting to order at 4:03 PM
Committee Members Present: Pat Acklin, Joe Graf, Rich Miller, Don Morris, Alex Amarotico, Lesley Adams, Darrell Boldt, John Williams
Committee Members Absent: Kate Jackson, Donna Rhee
Staff present: Scott Fleury, Steve Walker, Kevin Caldwell, Taina Glick, Alistair Andre, Julie Smitherman
Williams mentioned that Acklin had an editorial published in the paper and she was thanked by the group.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Graf/Miller m/s to approve June 25, 2019 minutes. All ayes. Minutes approved as presented.
Fleury presented overview of changes since last meeting. The cost estimate after refining site plans, reducing excavation area, and refining design drawings is $35.9 million. Some small changes could still be made but will have minimal impact on project cost. Project will be presented at the August 5 study session. Amarotico inquired if solar was included in the new cost estimate. Fleury answered it is not, but staff is considering including a solar option as an alternative bid item. Miller inquired about battery storage. Fleury indicated that backup emergency power is planned as a diesel generator and that power redundancy is still being considered. Amarotico asked about day-to-day operational cost difference between plate settler or actiflow system.
RH2 Master Plan Update
Lanigan touched on changes made since the last meeting, summarized changes made since the last water master plan, and discussed financial impacts. Changes and updates include:
• Lower demand estimations
• Addition of TAP
• Decisions made regarding WTP
• Correction of fire flow issues with the addition of a new Park Estates pump station
• Addition of Terrace St pump station for boosting TID water
• Updated hydraulic model which shows increased fire flow concerns increasing pipe projects
• Reduction in number of clear wells
• Pump station capacity optimization to Crowson Reservoir
• Transmission improvements, mostly on Granite St
• Suggested addition of pump station
• Relocation of Granite Reservoir
• Expansion of Alsing service area to improve water quality issues
• Prioritization of CIP projects and addition of projected costs for some projects
Presentation attached. Committee members decided not to vote to approve WMP until financials and changes made since this meeting can be reviewed in August. One additional meeting will be held on August.
Next Committee meeting August 27, 2019 4:00 pm.
ADJOURNMENT: at 5:23 pm
Public Works Administrative Assistant