CITY COUNCIL STUDY SESSION DRAFT MINUTES
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
Mayor Stromberg called the meeting to order at 6:04 p.m.
Budget Committee Members: Paula Hyatt, Pamela Lucas, Shane Hunter, Jim Bachman, Shaun Moran, Mike Morris, David Runkel
Council Members: Akins, Graham, Rosenthal, Seffinger, Mayor Stromberg
Absent Council Members: Jensen, Slattery
- Public Input (15 minutes, maximum)
Gil Livni– Ashland – Spoke on issue of previously stated topics regarding the Fire Department inspection times. He also spoke on his concerns to permit and SDC fees. Information regarding this was also submitted. (See Attached Copies)
Huelz Gutchen– Ashland – Spoke on the costs of the CIP projects and the need to consider climate change within these.
Vicki Simpson– Ashland – Spoke on 5G and the need for safe and healthy areas of radiation for citizens. She also asked that it be considered working with other area cities on this issue.
- Department Budget Presentations
- Mark Welch, Admin Service Director introduced to Council the topics for discussion:
- Public Works, Paula Brown, Public Works Director presented an overview of Public Works focusing on Fiscal Year 2018. (See Attached)
- Council discussed the meeting timeline, deciding to stay longer at the current meeting and adding the presentations of Electric and AFN to the existing April 15th study session. This study session currently has one item that would still need to be presented. Presentations of Electric and AFN are anticipated to begin at 6:00 p.m. Also discussed for consideration was shorten the time of public form.
The Study Session was adjourned at 8:29 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735- 2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).