MINUTES FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
CALL TO ORDER
June 30, 2015
1175 E. Main Street
Mayor Stromberg called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. in the Civic Center Council Chambers.
Councilor Morris, Lemhouse, Seffinger, Rosenthal, and Marsh were present. Councilor Voisin was absent.
1. Liquor license application for Julia Gurwell, d.b.a. Hearsay
2. Intergovernmental agreements between Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon and the City of Ashland for emergency call and dispatch services.
Councilor Rosenthal/Morris m/s to approve Consent Agenda items. Voice Vote: ALL AYES. Motion passed.
ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
1. Second reading of an ordinance titled, “An ordinance levying taxes for the period of July 1, 2015 to and including June 30, 2016, such taxes in the sum of $10,728,511 upon all the real and personal property subject to assessment and levy within the corporate limits of the City of Ashland, Jackson County, Oregon”
Administrative Director Lee Tuneberg confirmed property taxes were levied for one year then levied again in the second year of the biennium.
Councilor Lemhouse/Seffinger m/s to approve Ordinance #3109. Roll Call Vote: Councilor Marsh, Seffinger, Rosenthal, Morris, and Lemhouse, YES. Motion passed.
2. A Resolution Adopting a Supplemental Budget and Increasing Appropriations within the FY 2013-15 Biennium Budget
Administrative Director Lee Tuneberg read a statement into the record correcting an error that occurred with the legal notice regarding meeting start time and explained other measures taken to notice the correction publicly.
Councilor Seffinger/Morris m/s to approve Resolution #2015-23. Roll Call Vote: Councilor Rosenthal, Morris, Seffinger, Lemhouse, and Marsh, YES. Motion passed.
3. A Resolution Transferring Appropriations within the 2013-15 Biennium Budget
Councilor Rosenthal/Marsh m/s to approve Resolution #2015-24. Roll Call Vote: Councilor Morris, Marsh, Rosenthal, Lemhouse, and Seffinger, YES. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 5:35 p.m.
Dana Smith, Assistant to the City Recorder
John Stromberg, Mayor