Agendas and Minutes

Airport Commission (View All)

Airport Subcommittee-Airport Day Planning Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Airport Day Subcommittee
March 3, 2015
Members Present: David Wolske, William Butler, Susan Moen, Lincoln Zeve
Staff: Scott Fleury
Members Absent:
1.APPROVAL OF MINUTES: No previous minutes.
2.Agenda Item Addition: None
3.Public Forum: No public discussion.
A.Airport Day Planning: Subcommittee continues discussion from last airport day planning meeting. Staff asks about Main St. banner and what it should say. Committee goes over wording and group comes up with “Airport Day May 16” as the main body and underneath “free admission, family entertainment, food and rides”.
Wolske asks about how to proceed with a media campaign to advertise airport day? Staff states the flyer can be placed on the airport section of the website and at the Community Development office. In addition, a blurb can be placed in the utility billing “city source” flyer that goes into ever utility bill monthly. Doran had previously mentioned starting a Facebook page associated with airport day and she could assist with its development. Wolske will develop a flyer template and forward to staff in order to gain input from all Commissioners.
Committee discusses additional task that need to be accomplished. Wolske to contact Skillman in order to see if Bill can contact the Medford Civil Air Patrol to perform marshaling duties and assist with parking of general public.
Butler will work with the Rogue Valley Flying Club and Young Eagles to be part of the event and assist were needed. Butler to do more research with respect to having a couple food vendor’s onsite for lunch and the possibility of a display from the smoke jumper museum.
Moen to work on setting up pancake breakfast and has a meeting scheduled with the Sheriff to see if they will be able to be onsite during even.
Group discusses radio controlled aircraft and drones again. Zeve to discuss drone rules and possible demonstration by Ben from Sierra Romeo.
Staff to obtain porta-potty’s (4 toilets and 2 washing stations) and have them delivered to site the day before. Skinner can work with vendor to have porta-potty’s stationed correctly. Staff to contact local Fire Department to see if they can have personnel and rolling stock at even as well.
Committee discusses general parking and overflow parking. Staff believes the upper area above Sierra Romeo’s and Brim’s hangar can be used for additional parking along with the area between the FBO maintenance hangar and Sierra Romeo. Staff can provide cones to be placed as needed. Concern over helicopter flights and the upper parking area need to be addressed if Brim plans to take off from his hangar or from the ramp.
Wolske to provide email update in two weeks on required tasks. Wolske to create draft airport day flyer and forward to staff. Staff will forward to the whole Commission for comment. Once the flyer is complete it can be posted in appropriate locations and emailed. In addition, the chamber can be used as a resource similar to last year.
NEXT MEETING DATE:  April 7, 2015 beginning at 11:00 AM
ADJOURN:  Meeting adjourned at 11:44 AM

Online City Services

Pay Your Utility Bill
Connect to
Ashland Fiber Network
Request Conservation
Proposals, Bids
& Notifications
Request Building
Building Permit
Apply for Other
Permits & Licenses
Register for
Recreation Programs

©2023 City of Ashland, OR | Site Handcrafted in Ashland, Oregon by Project A




twitter facebook Email Share
back to top