Agendas and Minutes

Airport Commission (View All)

Airport Commission Regular Meeting Minutes 9/9/2014

Agenda
Tuesday, September 09, 2014

 
ASHLAND AIRPORT COMMISSION
September 9, 2014
 
MINUTES
 
 
 
 
Members Present: Bob Skinner, David Wolske, Lincoln Zeve, Nicole Doran, Alan DeBoer, Elizabeth Tripp, Bill Skillman, Burl Brim, William Butler and Susan Moen
Staff: Scott Fleury
Members Absent: Michael Morris
Visitors: None
 
CALL TO ORDER: 9:30AM
 
1.APPROVAL OF MINUTES: August 5, 2014 motion by DeBoer for approval, second by Zeve minutes approved as written.  
 
2.Agenda Item Addition: None
 
3.Public Forum: No public discussion.
 
4.OLD BUSINESS:
 
A.FBO Lease: Staff informs Commission that a short meeting with Legal has occurred to discuss critical issues in order to resolve the FBO lease. Staff forwarded Legal the lease document that included both comments and edits from staff and Skinner. Legal was going to review the comments that were incorporated into the document in order to have a follow up meeting near the end of September or early October.  
 
B.AIP Project: Staff informs Commission that Knife River Materials has started the submittal phase of the project. They will be submitting documents for the consultant engineer to review and approve, including rock base material, asphalt mix design and other pertinent material requirements. Knife River has developed a preliminary schedule that shows them starting to mobilize onsite near the end of September with work starting September 29. They will create a final schedule shortly that can be forwarded to airport users and posted at the FBO office. Staff will draft a letter to send out and post at the FBO office as well. Commission discusses noticing users properly. Staff has an email list developed from the runway project, but it most likely does not include all current tenants as some people did not respond with email contact information. Skinner also has a list of tenants with emails. Staff and Skinner to combine both lists into a master list in order to contact as many users as possible about the upcoming construction project. Staff also asks Commission if they are ok with allowing users to have ramp tie down space for free if a user needs to fly out while the taxilane corner is closed for construction and paving and Commission agrees.
 
C.Airport Zoning: Staff informs Commission that he has scheduled a meeting with Severson in Planning for this Thursday to discuss the code update and keep the project moving forward. Commission would like to see a project timeline developed. Staff to provide update on meeting outcome to Commission at October meeting. Staff and chair to coordinate and develop an appropriate presentation between now and next Tuesday's Council meeting.
 
 
5.NEW BUSINESS:
 
A.Airport Good Neighbor Items: Skinner states no new critical issues have come to light over the last month and that everything appears to be pretty quiet for this time of year.
B.New Commission Members: Commission welcomes two new additions, Burl Brim and William Butler. Introductions are had all around. Burl and William provide the Commission with some background information as it relates to their aviation history. Burl is a current operator onsite via Brim Aviation. William has previously worked for the FAA as an air traffic controller and taught aviation. He currently rents a hangar at the airport and is looking forward to contributing to the Commission with his knowledge base.
C.Council Update: Staff informs Commission their Council update presentation is scheduled for September 16 in the Council Chambers. Typically the chair provides the Council with a short informal update on projects and issues the Commission is working on.
 
 
6.AIRPORT MANAGER REPORT/FBO REPORT/AIRPORT ASSOCIATION:
 
A.Status of Airport, Financial Report, Review of Safety Reports: Skinner states there has been an increase in activity along with fuel sales over the past couple of months along with a high interest in hangar rentals.
 
B.Maintenance Updates: The patching and crack sealing portion of the PMP is complete, but the contractor will be onsite doing some touch up striping shortly. The improvement to the fuel island appears to be working properly. The floating suction was broken and replaced with a fixed suction along with installing a new turbine. Skinner also states he will revisit with American Industrial Door a design bid package for enclosing the open T-hangars this fall as time allows. This package can be offered to current and future open T-hangar tenants for enclosure by them with an appropriate rent amortization schedule in order to recoup monies spent on the enclosure.
 
C.Brown Bag: Moen stated they had a short conversation about the zoning code update project. No other critical information to report.   
 
D.Transportation Commission: No update.  
 
E.Medford Airport: No update.
 
F.Action Item List:
 
G.Airport Day/Marketing: Wolske would like to see the airport users group take an active role in development of the 2015 airport day. Commission would like to discuss the possibility of a subcommittee for working on airport day. Staff to add future agenda item regarding airport day subcommittee.
 
H.Airport Users Group: No update.
 
OTHER:
The meeting of the JC airport commission is the third Monday of the month at 12:00 PM.
  
NEXT MEETING DATE:  October 7, beginning at 9:30 AM
 
ADJOURN:  Meeting adjourned at 10:53 AM

Online City Services

Pay Your Utility Bill
Connect to
Ashland Fiber Network
Request Conservation
Evaluation
Proposals, Bids
& Notifications
Request Building
Inspection
Building Permit
Applications
Apply for Other
Permits & Licenses
Register for
Recreation Programs

©2023 City of Ashland, OR | Site Handcrafted in Ashland, Oregon by Project A

Quicklinks

Connect

Share

twitter facebook Email Share
back to top