Action Minutes FOR A MEETING OF THE
I. CALL TO ORDER
WILDFIRE MITIGATION COMMISSION
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
11:00AM to 1:00PM
Conference Room, Ashland Fire Station #1
455 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashley Lara, Hugh Holden, Vicky Sturtevant, Ron Parker, Bruce Moats, Stephen Gagne, Russ Silbiger and Greg Lemhouse.
: Kitty Harrison.
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Hugh Holden motioned, and Russ Silbiger seconded the motion, to approve the October, 15, 2014 regular meeting minutes and the motion carried unanimously.
IV. PUBLIC FORUM
Kitty Harrison is a Talent, Ore., resident and attended the meeting to get more information about Firewise. Kitty is new to the area and would like to be more involved with wildfire information/education.
V. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
In Chris Chambers’s absence, the commission will skip over (A) “WMC Mission/Roles” until the next meeting.
A.Vicky Sturtevant discussed her work with different CWPP’s. Vicky gave a broad description of her work on each project that she either helped develop or studied. Specific goals and duties will be outlined at the next meeting.
B.A Wildfire Hazard Zone Expansion meeting with the City Planning Department will be held on 11/14 to discuss further progress.
C.Ashland Fire & Rescue strategic planning session was a success. The top ten topics (in order of significance) include:
VII. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
- Increase Staffing
- Fire Adapted/Firewise Communities
- Integrated Fire Training Facilities
- Wildland Urban Interface Code
- Emergency Preparedness and Man
- Evaluate Collaborative Opportunities With Other Jurisdictions
- Ashland/Jackson County Weed Abatement
- Ladder Truck
- Increasing Public Awareness/Education
- Improve Dispatch System
A.City Council goals include ( http://www.ashland.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=15481
VIII. REVIEW AND SET COMMISSION CALENDAR / NEXT MEETING
- Evaluate real property and facility assets to strategically support city mission and goals.
- Seek opportunity to enable all citizens to meet basic needs.
- Protect the integrity and safety of the watershed.
- Market and further develop the Ashland Fiber Network.
- Prepare for the impact of climate change on the community.
A.Next meeting December 10, 2014
IX. ADJOURN: 1:00 PM
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Public Works Office at 488-5587 (TTY phone number 1 800 735 2900). Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).