MINUTES FOR CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL TOUR
Friday, June 8, 2009
Downtown Right of Way Issues
Tour began at 10:00 a.m.
Mayor Stromberg, Councilor Jackson, Voisin, Chapman, Lemhouse and Silbiger were present. Councilor Navickas was absent. Staff Present included; Mike Faught, Adam Hanks, Bill Molnar, Jason Wegner, Pieter Smeenk, and Martha Bennett
The group toured the Downtown and reviewed the areas of concern (see below for full list of locations). Group discussed the Downtown Taskforce’s recommendations for alleviating some of the concerns.
1. Lithia Park Sidewalk along Winburn Way, 6 feet
2. City Hal - East Main St. Frontage, 7-9 feet
3. Ashland Bistro Café – Table to Trash Can, 5 feet
4. Macaroni’s – Bike Rack to Building, 6 feet (with bike)
5. OSF – Traffic Signal Pole to Building, 8 feet
6. Ashland Springs Hotel – Planter to Building, 7 feet
7. All other locations along frontage, 8 to 9 feet
8. Areas of bump outs increase 10 to 12 feet but reduce on-street parking
9. Lithia Way between First and Pioneer (south side)
10. Old Opera House – Pioneer side. Tree (no grate) to raised platform, 4 feet
11. Wells Fargo – Retaining Wall to Trash, 8 feet
12. Standing Stone – Bench to Building, 7 feet
13. Nimbus – Tree to Planter, 6 feet
14. Louie’s – Light to Pub Racks, 6 feet
15. Gold & Gems – Trash to Building, 5.5 feet
16. Websters – Tree to Building, 7 feet
17. Gateway Real Estate – Sidewalk along Winburn, 6 feet
Tour ended at 11:40 a.m.