ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: January 19 Business Meeting Testimony.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, January 18 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The City Council will hold an Executive Session before the regular business meeting starting at 5:30 pm to conduct deliberations with persons designated to negotiate real property transactions and to consult with the City attorney regarding legal rights and duties in regard to current litigation or litigation that is more likely than not to be filed; pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e) and ORS 192.660(2)(h), respectively.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of January 4, 2021
- Business Meeting of January 5, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- State of the City Celebration
- James M. Ragland “Volunteer Spirit” and Alan C. Bates Public Service Award Announcements
- 2020 Year in Review
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
- PUBLIC FORUM
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Extension of COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- Approval of a Construction Contract with Insituform Technologies, for the Wastewater Collection Rehabilitation
- Approval of a Contract Specific Sole Source Procurement of Electric Meters
- Letter of Intent to Explore an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Talent Supply with Police Services
- Council Liaison Appointments
- Approval of Liquor License for Beaux, LLC.
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- City Manager Recruitment Process and Job Description Discussion
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Update on Homeless Services Programs, Funding, and Opportunities
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Update to Resolution 2020-15 Declaring the City of Ashland's Commitment to Social Equity and Racial Justice
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).