The Accounting Division manages and performs accounting activities necessary for the annual budget, audits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, monthly reports, internal controls and annual financial reports. Parks and Recreation accounting functions are included in this division. Accounting manages the annual audit contract and process and takes a lead role in creating both the City and Park’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports and the annual budget document common to both agencies. All three documents are long-term national award winners. The Division assists other administrative services divisions and departments in their accounting procedures, costing, rate modeling, fixed asset management, training, and use of the financial software. Stewardship of city funds is the primary focus.
- Develop a system to monitor and evaluate timeliness and accuracy of monthly financial reporting.
- Continue implementation and advanced use of Financial Systems accounting applications.
- Complete improvements and documentation on fixed asset tracking on Financial and integration with the Risk Management program.
- Develop a system of internal reviews within accounting applications to ensure accuracy of data.
- Improve end-of-year closing and audit process to expedite financial reporting.
- Respond to audit requirements identified by the municipal auditor and state or national oversight entities.