For your convienence, the current Council Agenda Packet is available in this electronic format. Agenda items are hyper-linked to supporting documentation. The supporting documentation is in HTML &/or PDF format.
For further information on any agenda item, please contact the City Recorder's Office.
|Important: Any citizen attending council meetings may speak on any item on the agenda, unless it is the subject of a public hearing which has been closed. The Public Forum is the time to speak on any subject not on the printed agenda. If you wish to speak, please fill out the Speaker Request form located near the entrance to the Council Chambers. The chair will recognize you and inform you as to the amount of time allotted to you. The time granted will be dependent to some extent on the nature of the item under discussion, the number of people who wish to be heard, and the length of the agenda.|
4:30 p.m. Special Meeting: The City Council will hold a Special Meeting at 4:30 p.m. in Council Chambers to consider applicants to fill a pro tem position for Council Position No. 4.
6:30 p.m. Council Chambers Lobby - Celebration of James M. Ragland "Volunteer Spirit" Community Service Award with cake and refreshments.
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
II. ROLL CALL:
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Regular Council Meeting Minutes of April 2, 2002.
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS:
- Mayor's Presentation of James M. Ragland Memorial "Volunteer Spirit" Community Service Award.
- Proclamation of "Volunteer Recognition Week."
- Proclamation of "Respite Care Awareness Week."
- Proclamation of "National Library and School Library Media Week."
- Proclamation of "Back to School Week."
- Proclamation of "Public Safety Telecommunicators Week."
V. CONSENT AGENDA:
- Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees.
Airport Commission - Feb. 11th, March 11th
Forest Lands Commission - March 13th
Council Study Session April 3rd
- Liquor License Application from Eric Turner dba The Vinyl Club.
- Confirmation of Mayor's appointments/reappointments to various boards, commissions and committees.
- Ashland Fiber Network Quarterly Report.
- Update on the Big Box Ordinance Amendment Process.
- Approval of easement off Sylvia Street.
- Request for Approval to construct an addition to the Ashland Community Hospital (ACH) in accordance with the Facilities Lease.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS: (Testimony limited to 5 minutes per speaker, unless it is the subject of a Land Use Appeal. All hearings must conclude by 9:30 p.m. or be continued to a subsequent meeting)
VII. PUBLIC FORUM: Business from the audience not included on the agenda. (Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. Speakers are limited to 5 minutes or less, depending on the number of individuals wishing to speak.)
VIII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- Council appointment of Councilor Pro-Tem to Position No. 4.
- Approval of Siskiyou Boulevard Final Design (90%) and Ashland Street Final Design Concepts (60%).
- Approval of Gresham / 3rd / E. Main / Lithia / Siskiyou Intersection Final Design Concept.
IX. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS:
- Council discussion of Nuisance Abatement Process for Asphalt Batch Plant located at 255 Mistletoe Road.
- Approval and Conditions for ODOT's Request for Night Work on N. Main / E. Main and Lithia Way from Valley View to 3rd Street.
- Joint Presentation by Department of Environmental Quality regarding Water Quality in Urban Streams, and by Rogue Valley Council of Governments regarding Storm Water Management.
X. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS:
- First reading of "An Ordinance Adding Section 11.24.020.H to the Ashland Municipal Code to Prohibit Trucks and Buses from Idling while Parked."
- First reading by title only of "An Ordinance Adding Youth Liaison Members to the Bicycle and Pedestrian, Historic, Traffic Safety, and Tree Commissions."
- Reading by title only of "A Resolution Adding Youth Liaison Members to the Conservation, Forest Lands and Housing Commissions and the Senior Program Board."
- Reading by title only of "A Resolution of the City of Ashland, Oregon, declaring official intent to reimburse expenditures."
XI. OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS:
End of Document - Back to Top