Update: Aug 2019 - Page revisions in progress, thank you for your patience while we reorganize.
Ashland Residents - Simple ways to reduce carbon pollution
- Use an online home energy assessment tool to get customized ideas for saving energy and money
- Use a carbon calculator to know how your family is contributing to climate change
- Schedule a free in-home home water or energy audit
Waste less, conserve more
- Learn how to consume less stuff:
- Install low-cost upgrades immediately (such as efficient light bulbs and water saving fixtures)
Switch to low-carbon fuels
- Walk and bike more
- Consider an electric vehicle, or one less car (https://www.ashland.or.us/ev)
- Electrify home heating and cooling
- Make a plan for higher-cost upgrades before you need them (don't wait until your hot water heater or furnace fails, now is the perfect time to plan for the future)
Support renewable energy
For Renters and Property Owners
Rental properties account for nearly half of Ashland's housing units. Renters often do not have the power to make significant building upgrades, and property owners often have little incentive to do so, or limited ability to recover the upgrade costs. In most cases, it is certainly worth having a conversation.
Renters and owners are all encouraged to make use of the energy assessment tools mentioned above. The online assessment only takes a few minutes, and the in-person energy review takes less than an hour. Both tools provide a good starting point for conversation. When both parties take an interest in climate and energy improvements, everyone can benefit.