Marijuana & MIP Alcohol Diversion Programs
The Judge offers diversion programs for both marijuana and MIP alcohol violation offenses. However, a mandatory appearance is required. Your court date and time is listed on your citation. You are admitting the charge by entering a plea of No Contest when you enter into diversion. Successful completion of diversion will result in the charge(s) being dismissed.
MIP Alcohol Diversion
To be eligible for MIP Alcohol Diversion,
- You have not had any previous alcohol offenses
MIP Alcohol Diversion Requirements:
- Pay $200 Diversion Fee.
- Mandatory Online Alcohol Class.
- SOU students have an option to Complete 10 hours of community service and your fee will be reduced by $100.00.
- Once all conditions are met, if you do not receive another MIP within 6 months, the citation will be dismissed.
Online MIP Class Instructions for MIP Alcohol citations ONLY
To be eligible for Marijuana Diversion,
- You do not have a Medical Marijuana Card (in any state)
- You are not planning on obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card.
- You have not had any previous drug convictions.
- You have not previously participated in a diversion program to keep a drug related conviction off your record.
Marijuana Diversion requirements:
- File Notarized Diversion Form.
- Do not receive any further marijuana convictions for 12 months.
- Pay $335.00 Diversion Fee.
- Complete a mandatory drug evaluation and recommended treatment, if needed.
- Obey all laws while on diversion (12 month diversion period)
- SOU students have an option to complete up to 21 hours of community service. Your fine will be reduced by $10.00 for every 1 hour of completed hours of community service.
- Once all conditions are met, the citation will be dismissed.
Marijuana Diversion Agreement
Please note: Other restrictions may apply. Contact the court for more information.