Timeline and more...
- The draft Lithia Park Master Plan has been developed with robust engagement with the community. View the FINAL draft plan. The opportunity to make comments has closed as of May 31, 2019. A summary of the comments will be provided to the APRC Lithia Park Master Plan Committee in June, along with public comments received. Following a discussion between committee members and the consultant team, the APRC Lithia Park Master Plan Committee will provide direction on what changes they would like made to the Master Plan before it is finalized.
- "The Ashland Parks Foundation Receives Largest Gift to Date for Redesign of Japanese Garden in Lithia Park" - Learn more! UPDATE: Japanese Garden Redesign will be Placed on Hold - Jan 31, 2019 News Release
- Design Week Documents (Jun 15-18, 2018):
- View the goals and objectives of the Lithia Park Master Plan.
- View the Public Engagement Summary from the Dec Open House & Listening Session.
In November, 2017, APRC launched the 18-month Lithia Park Master Plan process. This master
plan will guide the management of the resources, facilities and visitor experiences over the next 100 years, ensuring that Lithia Park continues to shine as Ashland’s jewel. APRC’s selected team of consultants is led by the Portland office of MIG, Inc. and includes local landscape architect KenCairn Associates, among other team members.
Project Manager Laurie Matthews, a specialist in historic public parks, noted, "Lithia Park's spirit of place is palpable and evident to anyone who walks through or sits under its canopy of trees alongside the banks of Ashland Creek. Our team is honored to be helping the community envision what the next 100 years will look like. To that end, we are not focused on proposing major new changes but enhancing what resonates and changing things that will benefit the character and health of the park.”
The master plan process includes several phases. The “Strategic Analysis of Lithia Park” phase began in December 2017 and will continue through April 2018, setting a foundation for the master plan. During “Design Week
,” centered on June 12-15, 2018, the Master Plan team will develop concepts and alternatives in an open studio at the Ashland Community Center. The “Master Plan Development and Refinement” phase will begin in late summer and continue through plan adoption by the APRC, anticipated in early 2019.
Please check back often for updates and follow the project on social media using the hashtags:
#lithiaparkmasterplan, #lithiaparknext100years and #lithiapark - Facebook.com/AshlandParksandRec.
If you would like to share your thoughts on the Lithia Park Master Plan, and are unable to attend a public meeting, please email ParksInfo@ashland.or.us or call 541.488.5340.