Ice Scooter / Skate Trainer Policy
Please be aware that ice scooters can create a hazardous skating environment for other skaters. Ice rink staff strives to ensure that all skaters have a safe and fun experience and appreciates your understanding and compliance.
Back to Skating for Kids
- Ice scooters can only be distributed by ice rink staff
- Skaters using ice scooters must be no taller than 42" (3.5 feet)
- It is recommended that beginning skaters "wall crawl" to find their balance
- Ice scooters will be distributed daily until 6 p.m—Changes to this may occur and will be posted at the ice rink
- All ice scooters must be off the ice by 6:30 p.m.
- Ice scooters being misused or left unattended on the ice will be removed by ice rink staff for skaters' safety
- Adults assisting children using ice scooters should skate beside or from behind—without placing their body weight on the ice scooter—to avoid injury.
- If your skater needs to take a break, but will be using the ice scooter again, please return it to ice rink guard staff, or place it on the outside of the dasher board near the ice scooter return area.
Back to the Ice Rink page
Visit the APRC home page or call 541.488.5340 for more information.