Recycle Center Committee Final Recommendations Update
At its Tuesday, October 21, 2014 meeting, The Ashland City Council approved the set of recommendations of the Ad Hoc Recycle Center Committee and directed City staff to work with Recology Ashland and the Conservation Commission to begin implementation. These recommendations include:
- Creation of a sticker program for curbside recycling
- Analysis of potential additional materials to be accepted at the Recycle Center
- Development of an expanded education and outreach program for the community
- Exploration and review of potential post consumer food waste diversion programs for implementation in the community
- Updating/Expansion of the existing Opportunity to Recycle Code (AMC 9.22)
Additionally, the Committee had substantial discussion and deliberation on two other significant issues; the removal of comingle recycling options from the Recycle Center and changing the methodology of the current monthly Recycle Center surcharge on Recology Ashland customer billings. In both cases, the Committee chose not to recommend changes to the current status.
These recommendations are intended to further support and promote waste prevention, waste reduction and recycling within the community and will be brought back to Council for their final review and approval in the coming months.
For a more detailed explanation of each of the recommendations, CLICK HERE
For questions or comments on these recommendations or other waste and recycling issues, please contact Adam Hanks in the City Administratorís Office at 541-552-2046 or email@example.com