North Main Road Diet Project
- Reinstating the current four-lane configuration will cost $35,000.
- The proposed project will restripe North Main from the north side of Helman Street north to Jackson Road (railroad tracks) reconfiguring 4-lanes into three-lanes.
- There will be one thru lane in each direction with a center turn lane. The center turn lane allows cars to turn left without impeding traffic flow.
- Road Diet will increase the peak travel time thru the project area by an estimated 22 seconds.
- This is a projected one year pilot project. Work was completed in October 2012. Originally this project was to have a three month time frame, however, after citizen input the time frame was extended to one year.
Click here to view frequently asked questions and Road Diet evaluation measures.
To review the drawings, click here or open the pdf located below. If anyone would like more detailed information, please click on this link to access the Transportation Plan Update website. For additional information or questions, please contact Mike Faught, Public Works Director at 541-488-5587 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.