The Housing Needs Analysis was completed by EcoNorthwest consulting for the Ciity of Ashland to be used by the Community Development Department and the Ashland Housing Commission to develop a set of strategies to address housing needs in Ashland.
More specifically, this report is intended to supplement data in the 2000 Consolidated Plan, present an evaluation of housing trends in Ashland since the last detailed assessment was completed in 1998, and project current and future housing needs. Specifically, this report:
· Describes socioeconomic characteristics and trends that affect housing;
· Describes recent housing development trends;
· Describes housing condition, tenure, and sales;
· Identifies vacant land and land ownership;
· Assesses trends in jobs/housing location;
· Presents housing policies used in other communities;
· Describes the impacts of local housing policies upon other municipal services
and social service organizations; and
· Quantifies housing needs by type and density, and compares it with household
incomes and other factors.
Note a Rental Needs Analysis specifically addressing the rental market was completed in 2007 to subliment this analysis.
The Housing Needs Analysis in its complete form is available below for download