Approval of Employment Contract for City Attorney
|Meeting Date:||January 15, 2008||Primary Staff Contact:||Mayor John Morrison|
|Department:||Office of the Mayor||E-mail:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secondary Dept.:||Secondary Contact:|
|Approval:||Martha Bennett, City Administrator||Estimate Time:||Consent Agenda|
Will the City Council approve the attached employment contract of Richard Appicello as City Attorney?
At the December 18, 2007 Regular Council meeting the Council confirmed the Mayor's appointment of Mr. Appicello as City Attorney but did not approve the employment contract.
The attached contract includes the following provisions:
• A two year term, with an option for the Council not to renew if Mr. Appicello is given at least 90 days prior to the termination date.
• Salary at Step "B" of the new City Attorney salary range, which is $8,319 per month, or $99,828. This is an 8% increase over the salary that Mr. Appicello has earned as Interim City Attorney.
• An initial performance evaluation by the Mayor and Council after 6 months of employment, a second evaluation after 12 months, and annual evaluations thereafter.
• Provisions for severance pay and benefits if the Council elects to dismiss or request the resignation of Mr. Appicello. This is consistent with the last four employment agreements offered by the City.
• Approve the employment contract
• Approve the employment contract with modifications
• I move to approve the employment contract of Richard Appicello as City Attorney
• I move to approve the employment contract of Richard Appicello as City Attorney with the following changes; (list changes here)
|Attachments: Click on the PDF file below to view the following attachments:
• Draft employment contract
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.