|Please Note: For your convienence, agenda items are hyper-linked to supporting documentation. The supporting documentation is in HTML &/or PDF format. For further information on any agenda item, please contact the City Recorder's Office.|
|Important: Any citizen attending council meetings may speak on any item on the agenda, unless it is the subject of a public hearing which has been closed. The Public Forum is the time to speak on any subject not on the printed agenda. If you wish to speak, please fill out the Speaker Request form located near the entrance to the Council Chambers. The chair will recognize you and inform you as to the amount of time allotted to you. The time granted will be dependent to some extent on the nature of the item under discussion, the number of people who wish to be heard, and the length of the agenda.|
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
January 7, 2003 - 7:00 p.m.
Civic Center Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
II. OATH OF OFFICE: City Councilors Alex Amarotico, Kate Jackson and Chris Hearn for terms to expire December 31, 2006, and Parks Commissioners Rich Rosenthal and Mike Gardiner for terms to expire December 31, 2006.
III. ROLL CALL:
IV. MAYOR'S ANNUAL ADDRESS: "The State of the City."
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Regular Council Meeting Minutes of December 17, 2002 and Executive Session minutes of December 14, 2002.
VI. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS:
VII. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees.
- Traffic Safety 10/24
- Forest Lands 11/13
- Historic 12/04
- Housing 11/20
- AFN Programming 05/30
- AFN Programming 08/29
- Bruce Bayard, Sharon Dvora and Richard Benson for terms to expire April 30, 2006;
- Kip Todd and Inger Jorgensen for terms to expire April 30, 2005; and,
- Arnold Kriger and Ron Demele for terms to expire April 30, 2004.
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS: (Testimony limited to 5 minutes per speaker, unless it is the subject of a Land Use Appeal. All hearings must conclude by 9:30 p.m. or be continued to a subsequent meeting.)
1. Public Hearing regarding Vacating Three Unopened Alleys between Hersey Street, Helman Street and the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroard and a Portion of the East West Alley between Laurel and the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad.
3. Public Hearing on Appeal of Planning Action 2002-113, a request for a Conditional Use Permit to allow for a performance venue similar to nightclub and bar uses within the A Street Marketplace and adjoining pavilion located at 340 Oak Street. (WITHDRAWN AT APPELLANT'S REQUEST 12/31/02)
IX. PUBLIC FORUM: Business from the audience not included on the agenda. (Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. Speakers are limited to 5 minutes or less, depending on the number of individuals wishing to speak.)
X. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
XI. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS:
2. Council election of Chair to City Council.
XII. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS:
1. First reading of "An Ordinance Vacating Three Unopened Alleys between Hersey Street, Helman Street and the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad and a portion of the East West Alley between Laurel and the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad."
XIII. OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
|In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).|
End of Document - Back to Top