CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM?
To be eligible, an employee….
· must be a full-time or part-time (scheduled for at least 20 hours per week) current employee of the City of Ashland;
· must have been employed by the City of Ashland for at least one year; and
· Employees are eligible to participate in the program again after their loan is paid back in the agreed upon 2 years OR 6 months after an early pay back date.
HOW DO I APPLY?
· Print a Computer Purchase Program Packet from the G:\PERSONNEL INFORMATION\Computer Loan Program or go to Personnel in HR and see Marisa.
· Submit ALL 3 forms to HR
1. Request Form
2. Promissory Agreement form
3. Reimbursement/Advance request form
· PRIOR TO PURCHASING A COMPUTER: SUBMIT ALL PAPERWORK TO PERSONNEL FOR APPROVAL OF HARDWARE/SOFTWARE COMPLIANCE.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Requests received by Personnel will be processed as follows:
· Eligibility will be checked.
· Hardware/software compliance will be checked.
· If all is in order, the loan amount will be set up to be repaid through payroll deductions.
· A check will be issued, payable to the vendor and employee, for the approved amount or a reimbursement check will be issued to the employee after receipts of purchase have been submitted.
· If employee receives a check for an advance, it will be necessary to turn in the packing slip once the computer is received to verify it meets the City’s qualifications. Proof of purchase must be turned in within 2 weeks of receiving the check for the advance.
Equipment warranties and follow-up support can vary greatly from vendor to vendor and should be considered carefully when selecting a vendor. Remember that questions and problems that might occur with hardware/software will need to be handled between the employee and the vendor.
The amount an employee will be authorized to borrow is the amount of the employee’s proposed computer system up to a maximum of $2,500 and a minimum of $500. No interest will be charged for the normal 52 pay period loan (26 pay periods for Fire Department employees) unless there is a default.
The employee will be required to sign a Promissory Agreement (payroll deduction agreement and promissory note) for repayment of the loan amount. The longest loan period will be 52 pay periods (two years). The minimum deduction per pay period will be the total loan amount divided by 52. The minimum payroll deduction per a pay period is $25. The employee may make additional payments or pay an amount higher than the the $25 minimum at any time to reduce the number of pay periods for payoff or to pay off the loan ahead of schedule.
Hardware and Software:
The computer system must meet minimum standards as set by the City of Ashland. These standards will change as technology within the organization changes. The minimum hardware and software standards are set forth below.
| WHAT CAN I GET?
· Desktop or laptop computer with a one
· PC or MAC based
· iPad/Tablet Device*
· Printer, fax, scanner
· Modem, router
· External hard drive, tape drive, cd/dvd drive
· Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
· Protective accessories
· Productiviy app’s, such as:
Microsoft, Macintosh, or "open source" operating system, a word processor, and spreadsheet program*
· Security Software
*When an iPad/tablet device is purchased through this program, it can be used in connection with an employees employment with the City upon approval through the Mobile Device Agreement policy.
The City of Ashland accepts no responsibility for support of or for the operation, repairs, maintenance, or other costs related to the home personal computer and software purchased under this program.
The City Administrator, with input from the Information Technology Director, shall review and approve any change to the program.
You can access the Computer Loan Request Form and Promissory Note by clicking below on the PDF document.