|Please Note: For your convienence, agenda items are hyper-linked to supporting documentation. The supporting documentation is in HTML &/or PDF format. For further information on any agenda item, please contact the City Recorder's Office.|
|Important: Any citizen attending council meetings may speak on any item on the agenda, unless it is the subject of a public hearing which has been closed. The Public Forum is the time to speak on any subject not on the printed agenda. If you wish to speak, please fill out the Speaker Request form located near the entrance to the Council Chambers. The chair will recognize you and inform you as to the amount of time allotted to you. The time granted will be dependent to some extent on the nature of the item under discussion, the number of people who wish to be heard, and the length of the agenda.|
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
December 17, 2002
Civic Center Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
6:30 p.m. Council Chambers Lobby - Cake and refreshments in recognition of Councilors Susan Reid and Cameron Hanson.
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
II. ROLL CALL:
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Regular Council Meeting Minutes of December 3, 2002.
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS:
1. Mayor's Proclamation of Christmas Tree Recycle Day.
2. Mayor's presentation of plaque to Councilor Susan Reid for service from 1982 to 2002 on the Ashland City Council.
3. Mayor's presentation of plaque to Councilor Cameron Hanson for service from 1998 to 2002 on the Ashland City Council.
V. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS: (Testimony limited to 5 minutes per speaker, unless it is the subject of a Land Use Appeal. All hearings must conclude by 9:30 p.m. or be continued to a subsequent meeting.) (None)
VII. PUBLIC FORUM: Business from the audience not included on the agenda. (Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. Speakers are limited to 5 minutes or less, depending on the number of individuals wishing to speak.)
VIII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: (None)
IX. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS:
1. Response to letter from Gregory Jones regarding Planning Action fee for solar waiver.
2. Council authorization to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement to participate in a joint municipality audit of revenues received from the incumbent local exchange carrier (Qwest) as compensation for the rights and privileges to operate in the public right-of-way.
X. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS:
1. Second reading by title only of "An Ordinance Repealing Chapter 18.114 of the Ashland Municipal Code Relating to Regulatory Taking Claims (Ballot Measure 7-2000 Amendment to Article I, Section 18, Oregon Constitution)."
3. Reading by title only of "A Resolution setting a Public Hearing to hear a petition for and any objections to, the Vacation of three unopened Alleys between Hersey Street, Helman Street and the Central Oregon and Pacific Raillroad and a portion of the East West Alley between Laurel and the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad."
XI. OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
|In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).|
End of Document - Back to Top