Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission (APRC) is adjusting the 2018 swim season
schedule based on recent ongoing wildfire smoke in the area. The following schedule will be in place for the duration of the 2018 swim season or until wildfire smoke is no longer impacting our area.
- Monday through Friday
- Open Lap 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Water Aerobics (Tuesday & Thursday) 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
- Rec Swim 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday
- Open Lap 8 to 9:45 a.m.
- Senior Lap Swim (Saturday) 10 to 11:45 a.m.
- Senior Gentle Swim (Sunday) 10 to 11:45 a.m.
- Open Water Polo (Sunday) 12 to 1:15 p.m.
- Rec Swim 1:30 to 6 p.m.
The Daniel Meyer Pool may be subject to occasional closures due to the constantly changing air quality in the area. APRC will be checking air quality two times each day
to see if it is necessary to close the pool. Air quality checks will occur on:
- Mondays through Fridays, 9:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
If you wish to know whether the pool is open or closed on any given date / time, please call the pool directly at 541.488.0313
to get up-to-the-minute reports.
New swim lesson opportunities
will be offered in response to recent cancellations of swim lesson sessions due to air quality concerns. Beginning on August 6, students can “drop-in” daily for $6 per lesson when the pool is open. Space will be limited on a first come-first served basis. The number of students accepted into the drop-in lessons will be based on available swim instructors per session. Participants are asked to arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the lesson start time so staff can organize swim lesson groups.
Drop-in swim lesson times will be based on ages:
- Ages 6 months to 5 years old (Starbabies and Preschool): Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 12:30 to 1:10 p.m.
- Ages 6 and up (Swim School and Stroke School): Monday through Friday from 5:45 to 6:25 p.m.
Drop-in lessons will be subject to regular closing procedures for programming at the pool. Please contact the pool at 541.488.0313 for schedule updates.
The Daniel Meyer Pool is located in Hunter Park at 1705 Homes Ave, ashland.or.us/Swim
, 541.488.0313, ParksInfo@ashland.or.us
. The pool is an APRC facility, AshlandParksandRec.org
Lonny Flora, APRC Recreation Manager; Rachel Dials, APRC Recreation Superintendent