The Ashland Electric Utility is owned by the citizens of Ashland. The Utility services the residences and business within the City of Ashland Urban Growth Boundary.
Winter electric utility bills have been higher than previous months and have caused electric customers to search for the reasons for these higher bills.
1. Factors which can have a significant impact on winter electric bills:
a. The weather has been colder than previous periods and colder year over year.
b. Weather conditions can delay meter reading in some areas resulting in a longer billing period (more days in the billing period).
c. Weather conditions and service location that may require estimating bills (unable to read meter directly)
2. Ashland was affected by the colder winter weather.
3. The citizens of Ashland continue to benefit from electric rates that are lower than the rates outside of the City (Rogue Valley outside Ashland).
4. There has been no increase in the City’s Electric Utility rates since July 1, 2015.
Electric consumption will typically go up in the colder (winter - heating) and hotter (summer - cooling) months. Electric consumption will typically be lower in the milder (spring, fall) months. Electric Utility bills are most effected by both the weather and how the customer decides to use electric energy.
The City of Ashland offers assistance programs to those in need and who meet the required qualifications.
• Senior and Disabled Discount program
• Ashland Low Income Energy Assistance program (application process is from October 1 through January 31 each year)
• Emergency Heat Assistance program
Please contact the City’s Utility Billing Department for information on these and other programs available.
City of Ashland, Oregon
20 East Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Telephone: (541) 488-6004
Via E-Mail: email@example.com