Forum with State legislative candidates.
The public is invited to attend a forum for State legislative candidates on issues that support the economic vitality and stability of Oregon communities.
Cities across Oregon have designated September 12-16 “City Hall Week.” In 17 host locations, city officials will lead a forum for state lawmakers and legislative candidates to share ideas and perspectives prior to the 2017 legislative session.
In Ashland, the event will occur on Thursday, September 15 at 1:00 in the City Council Chambers at 1175 East Main Street.
Discussions will focus on property tax reform, restoring recreational immunity, transportation funding, and PERS reform. Cities are encouraging the Legislators to:
- Reform Oregon’s property tax system, b:
- Introducing a constitutional amendment allowing the option to have a local option levy outside compressions;
- Restoring equity in Oregon’s property tax system by resetting assessed value to real market value when a property is sold or constructions; and
- Improving the fairness of how new and improved property is added to the state’s property tax rolls;
- Restore the immunity from civil liability cities and other property owners held in exchange for fostering no-cost recreational opportunities;
- Pass a comprehensive transportation funding and policy package.
To read more about these priorities click here.