This is the time of year when deer are fawning and can become aggressive if they sense their fawns are threatened.
Residents are reminded:
- Donít ever approach deer or fawns
- Assume all does have fawns somewhere nearby and will defend them
- Keep a greater distance during fawn season
- Most, but not all encounters with aggressive deer involve dogs. Deer will sense your dogís presence likely before you see the deer
- Do not feed deer or any wildlife.
For information about living with deer and other wildlife click here.