Street Slurry Seal will be applied to the following streets which will be closed to traffic from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
The following streets will be closed on June 4:
- Canyon Park Drive from Clay Street to the end of Canyon Park Drive
- Penny Drive from Woodland Drive to the end of Penny Drive
- Elms Street from Leonard Street to Palmer Road
- Ivy Land from Elkader Street to West End
- Elkader Street from Prospect Street to the south end of pavement
- Monroe Street from Madrone Street to Oregon Street
- Forest Street from Liberty Street to West End
- Beach Street from Henry Street to Ashland Street
- Henry Street from Liberty Street to Beach Street
The following streets will be closed on June 5:
- South Mountain Ave from Siskiyou Blvd. to East Main Street
- Clarence Lane from Liberty Street to the end of Clarence Lance
- Liberty Street from Ashland Street to the end of the pavement
- Fern Street from Elkader Street to Roca Street
- Prospect Street from Roca Street to West End
- Madrone Street from Indiana Street to Leonard Street
- Palmer Road from Woodland Drive to Oregon Street
- Pinecrest Terrace from Starlite Place to west end of pavement.
Applying slurry seal extends the life of a street by providing a new protective surface to an existing street. By sealing the street, the base of the road is protected from water damage and the surface is protected from weathering. It is typically applied to a street once every 7 to 8 years.
This work is provided by an independent contractor and is subject to the availability and timing of the contractor. The schedule is beyond the control of the City of Ashland however, the contractor is required to notify affected parties.
For more information contact:
Brenda Casteneda, Blackline, Inc. 360-225-1080
John Peterson, City of Ashland, 541-552-2345