Unlawful Cell/Distracted Driving Violation
Ashland Municipal Court Application
A new law, effective January 1, 2018 does not allow Ashland Municipal Court to offer a diversion program which would keep this conviction from being placed on your DMV record. However, the court does offer a program to reduce the presumptive fine by $130.00.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- You have been cited for a single CELL PHONE/DISTRACTED DRIVING violation that does not involve an accident.
- You have received no other CELL PHONE/DISTRACTED DRIVING violation or traffic crime charges since January 1, 2018.
- You have a valid non-commercial drivers license or permit.
* Other restrictions may apply, contact the Court for more information.
Once your application has been approved including your plea of Guilty or No Contest, further instructions will be provided.
Terms to complete within 120 days of acceptance to program:
(a) The presumptive fine of $265.00 will be reduced to $130.00, leaving balance owing the Court of $135.00.
(b) Complete the Courtís approved online traffic class that costs an additional $44.95.
Before submitting this application, please read it thoroughly. If you have any questions or need legal advice, please contact legal counsel of your choice or contact the Oregon State Bar Referral Service at 1-800-452-7636.
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION, I UNDERSTAND:
* I am waiving my right to trial. entering a plea of No Contest and the conviction will be placed on DMV record.
*I hereby certify that I have had no other Distracted Driving violations or traffic crimes anywhere since Janaury 1, 2018.
*Within 120 days of acceptance to this Distracted Driving program, I will pay $135.00 to the court ($265.00 presumptive fine will be reduced by $130.00) and complete the Court's approved online traffic class.
*No refund of paid online UTURN180 traffic class.