The Public Safety Bond Committee was appointed by the mayor with confirmation of the City Council at the January 5, 2010 meeting. When the Committee meets it is on Thursday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The next meeting will be thursday, February 18. They have not yet set the March meeting dates.
Purpose of Committee
The purpose of this committee is to determine:
- Whether there is a valid need for the identified public safety facility improvements
- Whether the City should seek voter approval of a General Election Bond (or a series of bonds) to fund the various improvements
- Which public safety facility improvements should be on the levy
- What amount should be on the levy
- And if it is determined a GO Bond should be placed on the ballot, which election date is recommended.
The Committee will be asked to make a recommendation to the City Council no later than June 2010.
Identified Public Safety Facilities Improvements/Additions for Committee consideration
- Fire Station #2 (council goal)
- Expansion/Improvements to Police Station
- Ladder truck
- Training Facility
|John Karns||Staff Liasion|
|Mary Margaret Modesitt|
|Ann Seltzer||Staff Liaison|
|Agendas And Minutes|
View All Minutes